Friday, January 14, 2011

A couple Sally Hansen Xtreme Wears

I managed to get 6 of these for 50 cents each last week (incl Concrete shown in my last post). Here are Blue Icing and Golden Child.



Blue Icing is a frosty/pearly ice blue with holographic bar and regular glitter.

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Icing
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Icing


Something about this just doesn't work. I feel like the glitter should have been a separate top coat or something because after the 2nd coat dries, it looks like the glitter under from the first coat is a bumpy, festering mess. :( The color itself is actually really nice for a frosty sort of finish. There is a bare minimum of brush strokiness which is the major fault of a frost polish. Oh, this is actually 3 coats. I was hoping that maybe a 3rd thick coat AFTER the first 2 dried completely would hide the weird bumpiness, but it didn't. This bumpiness isn't like an ordinary glitter polish where top coat fixes the issue. It just really shows as a mar under the opaque finish of the polish. What the hell, it was only fitty cent.


Golden Child is exactly the same kind of polish, just gold instead of blue.

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Golden Child

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Golden Child

This is 2 coats (I used this one the other day, and decided to try the 3rd coat to see if it would solve the bumpy look problem with the blue). I think the visible nail line has to do with the lighting because I didn't notice it outside of these pics. I'm pretty bummed about this one because it's like the perfect freaking gold for my skin tone, but I won't end up wearing it because it's so damn bumpy and ucky looking. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment