Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I've lost yet ANOTHER glass file, China Glaze Lemon Fizz, SH Insta-Dri opinions and Guess What I Found?!?!

And I can't justify spending the money on another. I SWEAR it was either in my purse, work tote, or on the coffee table. WHERE could it have gone?!? This is the 3rd one I've lost too. They may be better for my nails, but they are pricey to replace. Now where did I put my emery files???


Onto a not so recent NOTD, China Glaze Lemon Fizz!! I have no idea how long ago I took these pictures. Probably late February because I know it was before I went to Chicago/Indy in March ... Aaaannnyway ... These pictures also represent the first time I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri quick dry top coat, which I'm not all too happy with, but more on that later.






I simply LOVE Lemon Fizz from China Glaze's Up Up & Away collection! The color is a super creamy and rich pale yellow that reminds me of lemon icebox pie and Georgia in the summertime (I live in NJ now, but grew up outside of Atlanta, Ga ... I tend to reminisce). If I recall correctly, this was 2 coats with a base and a top. It *may* have been 3, but I rarely have patience for more than 2 coats, and it dried super thin, so I don't think it was. I was satisfied with the coverage, which was a pleasant surprise considering yellows tend to be quite difficult to work with. Dry time was excellent with the SH Insta-Dri, but ...








WTF is THIS SHIT?!?! I'm sure you noticed it in the first set of pics, the weird bumpiness, but the close ups are horrific! I always paint at night and then take pics the next day (or several days later), and this time was no exception. I was SO upset when I woke up to this crap. There was cracking on every single one of my nails, and they only got worse as the day went by. I was afraid it was the polish, but after consulting with the MUA nail board, apparently SHID is known for cracking on some people. It's a body chem thing I guess. I have since found that if I use SHID with dark colors, I'm ok because you can't see the cracks, but it straight up ruins light colored manis. Bummer caz it dries polish super duper fast!



And last but not least ... GUESS WHAT I FOUND (at Dollar Tree)???


Maybelline Boot Cut! Awwwww yeaaaaahhhh!! I'll post pics tomorrow. :)



So there you have it.



The end ...










No comments:

Post a Comment