Saturday, January 30, 2010

Awesome No Name Blue!!

Soooo ... I was surfing Ross the other day looking for something special, and I FOUND IT! I found it in a set of 7 no name polishes with peace sign stickers on them by Simple Pleasures for $4.99. Isn't that a brand of fake Bath and Body Works crap that Walmart sells?!? Anyway, 7 polishes, 5 pastels that appear creme, 1 silver glitter, and THIS:







OK, the pics do it no justice. The indoor shots are close to being color accurate. Imagine that Crayola has decided to make nail polish, and this is a blue crayon for your nails. It is straight up B. L. U. E. BLUE. It's also a jelly. Love. I have named it Peace Be With Blue! The closest match I have found on nailgal is China Glaze Bermuda Breakaway or Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue, but they are both cremes while this is a jelly


For a no name generic product, this polish really performed well. The brush was straight up ass in a can (hello? Ratty mop?!?), but the formula made up for that. As long as I was careful, it went only where I wanted it to go. There's a leeettle VNL after 2 coats, but I prefer to have the VNL with a jelly. Peace Be With Blue! has held up well too. After 48 hours, I have a couple of teeny chips on my left thumb and that's IT. ZERO tip wear. I've been doing lots of cleaning too, dishes without gloves, etc, etc. Woot!! We have a winner! I can't wait to try out the other colors in this collection because they remind me of all the pricier collections showing up right now from Orly, China Glaze, etc. I hope they are as nice Peace Be With Blue ...


Oh, and just so you know, I get a little nutso around the full moon. Observe:


My husband thought he was gonna be funny and take a bunch of bad pics of me. Pffft. I like my blue tips peaking out from my crazy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment