Monday, January 4, 2010

My Nail Obsession and Toxic Relationships

I blog semi regularly elsewhere ...

Manicure Mommas



I will be posting some pics up tomorrow night sometime of my most recent mani, Essie Berry Hard. It's amazing. I'm in love.


The reason I am so obsessed with my nails is that I was a hard core nail biter from very early childhood (I have memories of getting in trouble for it as early as 4-5 years old) until I was 24 years old. One day I just stopped. There was a cause, I believe, for this habit, and the day I stopped was the day I said NO to a toxic relationship and it's effects on me. Very liberating. Now that I no longer allow this person's toxicity control me, I no longer have the subconscious need to take control in other ways.

Over the past couple of months, I had been allowing this person's toxicity to affect me again. My hands have paid. I have been picking and chewing more than I have in 6 years. Today, this person tried to suck me into her cycle again, and I took a stand once more. I felt bad being so blunt, but it also felt good ... in a way.

Take heed. Do not let the negativity of others bore into you. Only you can allow another to control you.

No comments:

Post a Comment